Friday 1 November 2013

I'm Back! or Big Damn Liars

Well, hello blog.  Long time no see.  

It was about this time last year when we first started really keeping company, and I have to say, I enjoyed spending time with you.  Writing every day was a habit I really wanted to build.  Actually, that's not true. POSTING every day, or at least farther away from never, is closer to what I was shooting for.  

They say (whoever THEY are) that it takes twenty-one days to make a habit of something. THEY are actually Big Damn Liars.  I was with you every day of November 2012, which according to both the calendar and the internet (and if it's on the internet, it must be true) is thirty days.  And that doesn't even include the days before November, or the days after.  It wasn't until about half-way through December when RL (Real Life) started kicking my butt and I started to ignore you.  I kept meaning to get in touch again, but the thing you keep putting off is often hard to pick up again.  Excuses are easy.  

Today is November 1st, and you know what that means.  All those people (like me) who keep meaning to write (and when I say write, I mean post, because writers write, and bloggers post) and keep not doing it decide to dust off their intentions and get down to it.  NaNoWriMo, or for bloggers, NaNoBloMo.  So here I am.  I feel like thirty seven kinds of sh*t today, to paraphrase Russell Peters, because we had visitors for a couple of days and I kinda sorta punished my liver..but as they say (You again?  Git offa my blog!), you have to show up to go up.  Reread the part above about writing and posting and stuff.  

We did a group costume thing last night, which was a first for me, and I really enjoyed it.

Here's me as Velma.  I even got my cheek pinched. 





































I already owned the orange sweater and the shoes.  Got the glasses at a dollar store.  Bought the skirt (and chopped six inches off the bottom) and an orange long-sleeved t-shirt (cut the sleeves off for the socks) from Chez VayVay.  This photo is also carefully crafted to include, for those of you who are not aware that one of Velma's Sooper Secret Weapons, one of the tools that helped her crack all those cases, a vaccuum cleaner. And a board full of magnetic poetry.

This is Stephen as Shaggy and the Mystery Machine.  The feet on the window are Daphne's.  How Shaggy and Daphne ended up shagging is, apparently, the mystery.  Painted it with his own little hands.






































So, I'm back, and I'm committing (in public, accountability yo) to writing every day, and commenting on at least a few of my fellow bloggers' posts every day too.  I don't mind writing in a void, but it's nice to know your voice is being heard by someone.  Feed your writers.  Comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment